Ok so tonight I went to a Soiree at my university to celebrate the end of finals and it was a crazy/hilarious experience. First of all, they sell beer at the student club area which I thought was interesting. They even have different flavored syrups they put into the beer to make it taste better. Ok so the building was packed and there was this sizable stage at the back of the space where the french singer Jean-Claude Crystal was performing. I have to say this man and his band made my evening. I cursed myself for not bringing a camera. He looked like a wax figure dressed in tacky elvis type clothes with a bad tan. His skin was orange and his teeth were so white and big they looked like those plastic ones you can buy for Halloween to be funny. And his hair looked like a wig but I don't think it was. He was dancing on the stage and getting into the music like nobody's business and he looks like he' in his 50s! It was awesome! He and his band mates all looked like they jumped out of a rejected episode of That 70's Show. I only caught the tail end of his set, and my friends said he was doing French covers of The Beach Boy's music earlier. He played this awesome song called "Je suis Amoureux de Ma Femme." There was this couple dancing in the corner like professionals to the song and singing along so I figured it must be famous. I liked it so much I looked it up! Here's a link to the song by the original singer http://www.wat.tv/audio/richard-anthony-je-suis-amoureux-o0ra_leog_.html. Its kind of catchy I think. Give me your opinions. Here is the website of JC Crystal. Check it out!! http://www.jc-crystal.com/
The next group was called Tropical Punk, and they were ultra weird. It was indie electronic rock music. There was a girl on keyboards who looked russian and this average looking fellow in a wife beater(with a puggy belly) on guitar and bongos. They had music videos of their songs playing behind them on the big screen and they were so weird!! In the first video, there were all these farm animals wandering around, the guy singing in the fields and the woods and the girl was wearing this weird fur thing. At one point she took it off and was totally naked in the video! I could not believe it, the French are so free! All of my friends missed it. haha The next video was of the two singers at the table eating breakfast.... that's it... so so weird. The girl was sort of just talking in a strange language that sounded eastern Europeanish. My friends and I started dancing at some point cause everyone was just standing there, and then more people started to dance. Trendsetters! It was great! Later, a creepy video came on of someone wrapping wire around an egg for an explosion and we peaced out. It was getting way too crowded and our ears were starting to ring. It was raining hard core tonight and I got soaked on my way home. Nantes is really like Seattle. It rains every single night. Well, I'm going to bed, I have my first film class tomorrow! Wish me luck, I'm excited!!!
Here's to your fun days in Nantes...Good luck in your film class, I know you'll do well. Love Ya!
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a fun night!! :)
ReplyDeleteI like that song, it is kind of cute and catchy in a grandpaish way. Turns out I did not have to make a new email...so yay haha. Naked in France, or when I went to Germany it was the same, is nothing lol. I remember there was a newspaper with like this naked women right there in one of the advertisements...craziness.