Friday, January 16, 2009

The End of the Beginning

So I've reached Friday, and the weekend is open to many opportunities. Today I pick my classes for the semester. To my luck, I found a film class at the university which I got approved for my major, so hopefully I can get into that. I also want to take a theatre class and an art history class which will also count for core and my major. Tonight after dinner, my friends and I plan on going to see the French film Et Aprés (Romain Duris, Evangeline Lily-from Lost-, and John Malcovich). Tomorrow we are going to explore the city and maybe do a bit of shopping ( All of France is in their soldes-sale- period) and then tomorrow night we are going to search for a discoteque (dance club).

Yesterday was hilarious! I went looking around in this comic book store and found the Where's Waldo books ( Ou est Charlie in French) and they also had Where's Bin Laden books. I had to leave the magasin so I could laugh out loud haha not really but I did laugh a bunch and show my friends. After all of our class sessions, the all of the students went to L'Hotel des Trois Marchands to eat the "Galette des rois" or kings cake. It was really good. There were two different cakes on each table with a crown on top. We each got a piece from the two cakes. Both cakes had a prize hidden in them. Whoever had the piece with the prize was the king or queen (roi ou rienne) for the day and got to wear the crown. They also had white wine and cider with alcohol in it. They were both really, really good- another thing that made the evening hilarious. At dinner, I talked a lot with my family. I forgot to mention this earlier but on Tuesday we had a hilarious conversation about Bush, Sarah Palin, and Obama. The boys think Michelle Obama is sexy and Sarah Palin is ugly- a nice change, I'd say, from the majority of American men who fancy Sarah Palin -yuck! Haha. My host family loves Obama and thinks Bush is stupid. They told me a story about the time Bush used binoculars without taking off they caps. My host dad saw the film W. and he thought it made Bush look even worse. I haven't seen it yet. No one in my host family knows what The Sound of Music is!!!! Isn't that crazy!! In the newspaper today the cover read "George Bush: The last weekend in the White House" with a big photo of Bush waving haha. Yay for days. I wish I could go to the induction ceremony, but I love Nantes, so it is okay! Well, I'm going to go finish my hw. Later!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimille,

    Wow, I'm so surprised by your host families thoughts of Michelle Obama Itotally agree, especially since in the US Sarah Pain seemed to be favored as the beauty. That's really nice to hear. I'm not surprised to hear vryone has the samethoughts of Bush, so long and good riddens....I'm still waiting to see your pictures. Please stop talking about the food there, I'm sooo hungry.
    I hope you and your friends have a great time tomorrow, take pictures and stay safe. It is also good news about your theatre class and any other class in which you'll get credits for when you return to school, good luck. Have a great weekend. I'm so happy you're enjoying yourself. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha your family and I would be totes BFF :)

    ReplyDelete