So I was on my way to the FNAC this morning with my friend Megan, the FNAC is like a Borders and a Best Buy combined, and we saw a guy peeing against the wall in a corner in front of the store!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I knew France was free and all but not THAT free. Later today another friend told me that its a bad idea to step in most puddles in France because chances are they aren't water!!! The FNAC was really cool, but for the most part they have all American films. They even have Splendor in the Grass on dvd. Random! And the translations for the titles are hilariously different. In a later blog post I will discuss the different titles. Well, that's all for now. I'm going to go take a nap before my phonetiques class!
Plus Tard
How was your weekend? Did you get to do any of the things you mentioned? Make sure you don't step in puddles or pick up any bad habits (smile). Do a lot of places have bad odors? I am still waiting to see pictures. Have you adjusted to the time difference? What do you drink on a regular basis? Miss ya...
ReplyDeleteMy weekend was pretty good. I went to a bar on Friday and went shopping with some girls on Saturday. I got some shnazy stuff. I needed a new wallet because mine broke, and I wanted to get a nice, sizeable purse to carry around. I need a few t-shirts for athletic stuff and pajamas but I'll have to get those later. I also bought school supplies because I really needed them. I found 3 french dvds on sale I really wanted. My friend came back home with me and we watched a couple movies on my computer and had dinner. We didn't want to spend anymore money, so we didn't go to the discoteque. Sunday was really chill, and I just hung out with my french fam the whole day. I ate oysters for the first time- not a party in my mouth like some would think. Thomas, the youngest bro, and I played the piano together after lunch and looked at youtube videos online. I slept a lot too. There are actually a lot of really good smells, like when you walk past a creperie or another place that sells food- they're every where!! And Fromageries which sell only cheese and there are more different kinds of cheese than there are days in the year! But the chocolatries are the best!!! I've never seen so many beautiful chocolate creations in one place in my life!! There's nothing like it. I've fallen in love with goat cheese! It is amazing, especially on pizza or crepes. I'll try to do the pictures this sunday. I just have so much going on, plus I'm really lazy about it. I drink a lot of water or cidrier which is like apple cider with alcohol. Its really good and its always served at dinner in creperies. I tried Kir this past weekend which is drink that Nantes specializes in. Its an alcoholic beverage that can have different fruit flavors added to it. I chose la peche which is peach. I also drink orangina for lunch from time to time. Hot chocolate every morning!!!! My family all drinks it and they dip their buttered bread in it. Its soo good. You should try it. But not regular american bread with preservatives and tons of flour. I dunno what kind of bread we eat every morning but each slice is super long, and our toaster is nearly a foot long!!! Its awesome. I luv my life here. Peace out America! haha that would only work if I married a French guy. Ya never know! haha jk. I miss u too, kisses!
ReplyDelete