Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Three weeks in and I'm already a "Crazy American Girl!"
So last night was the inauguration ceremony. I had phonetiques during the swearing in portion. Everyone in the class was aching to be released. My friend just peaced out after 5 minutes; it was hilarious. I mean it was brutal, we could hear people laughing and clapping in the next room. Finally after everyone started cheering in the big class room next door with the TV, our professor was like "go ahead" only in French, and we all booked it out of their like there was a fire. There's good news and bad news. The good news is that we caught Obama's speech right at the beginning. The bad news is that it was dubbed, so we caught maybe every other sentence if that. I'm definitely going to re watch it online. I was still moved, nonetheless, by what I did catch of his speech. I just wish my grandmother was still alive to see Obama as our new President. She would have been thrilled. After the inauguration, I went to conversation club where we talked for 30 minutes in French and 30 minutes in English with a french student. The French student for my group was a girl named Alice. She's pretty cool and really nice. I never realized how fast we talk in english till we started talking to her. She was a bit overwhelmed I think. We exchanged phone numbers, so we might be going to this cool club this weekend called La Maison where each room is designed like a part of a house. You can sit in a bath tub and be served!! How cool is that! After the conversation club, we all went to dinner at a creperie with the french students to celebrate the inauguration. On the way there I met this really cool French guy. His English is pretty decent. While on his cellphone, he had me talk in English to he friend. It was really random. He asked me if I was mixed! Everyone here thinks I'm mixed because I'm not ultra dark. He also called me a crazy American girl at one point during dinner because I imitated a rapper or something. I don't really remember but it was pretty hilarious. I was wondering when something like that would happen. I'm glad I finally got it over with haha. He changed it to calling all of us girls Crazy Americans so that I wasn't alone in the craziness. Anyway, he asked for my number and he said he wants to hang out which is cool! He's going to try to go to La Maison with us on Saturday. I told him my email address and he cracked up! He texted me today and called me hotchocolate (b/c of my screen name, for those of you who aren't in the know). I'm really glad I've made a new French friend! Who knows what will happen, hopefully only amazing things! I'll keep you guys posted. Tomorrow my art history class is cancelled so I think I'm going to go see a movie with some friends. I don't have class till 5:30 which is super sweet! There's a soiree at the university to celebrate the end of finals. A couple of girls and I are going to make an appearance there, haha. Well, I'm going to watch gossip girl online and chill for the night. Catch up with ya later. Oh and write on my blog guys!! I really want to hear back from all of you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Kimille,
ReplyDeleteI hope you were able to see the inauguration ceremony online, it was so wonderful. Barack's speech was great. I felt as if I was a part of the celebration. Everyone expressing excitement, hope and togetherness for the future. I am loving his family too. It was like no other inauguration, honestly I never had a desire to spend an entire day watching an inauguration ceremony. I hope you get to go to the club although the bath tub thing doesn't sound good to me. I'm happy you met a new french acquaintance. I'm not sure friend is the right term as yet. Have a wonderful day tomorrow. Love ya!
So im not to sure what to say but it sonds like you are having a great time in France!
ReplyDeleteIf you drink booze in a bath tub you haveto let me know(just like when you get pregnant I must be the first to know). Yeah so its late and I haveto go to bed. So I will ttyl. But first, everyone is missing you here..its kinda wierd not having you as a neighbor. next year you have to be my neighbor again or else i will be forced to do something to you until you are.....!
peace home slice
1) Didn't I see your grandma like...three weeks ago, at your house? Did I miss something?
ReplyDelete2) CUTE FRENCH BOY YAY!!! *freaks out about it*
1) My dad's mom died freshman year. You met my mom's mom.
ReplyDelete2) I know right!! How crazy is that!!