Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year, A New Plan

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I hope everyone had a splendid 2011. I know mine was action-packed and life altering. I did a professional internship with Disney, tore my ACL, had major surgery on my knee (I now have the ACL of a 36 year old in my right knee yay!), got my first real apartment that required paying my first real bills, fell in and out of love (at least I think that's what it was haha), made a bunch of new friends, performed in two plays, and wrote/directed my first play - "A Christmas Cabaret." Those were just the highlights, but all in all I had a pretty fruitful year, I'd say, full of great memories.

Now I have decided to kick off the new year with a list of goals that I wish to share with you (and some that I'd rather withhold hehe):

1) Keep up with this blog.
2) Keep up with my physical therapy for my recovering new ACL (which is quite challenging at times)
3) Get a job in film/television/theatre that is career advancing
4) Move to one of the 3 awesome locations : New York City, LA, or France.
5) Finish at least half of the innumerable projects I've started.
6) Catch up on my reading.
7) Submit at least 2 films to festivals.
8) Catch up on my netflix queue.
9) See many good films
10) TRAVEL!!!
 and probably tons more things that I've left out at the moment.

My friends and I started 2012 with a bang last night at EPCOT during they new years celebration. It was unbelievable! They had DJs set up in Italy, China, America and Future World. It was insane! There were so many people there it was nearly impossible to move in most areas. The lines for food and the bathroom were ridiculous! I've never seen anything like it. People were camped out more than 12 hours in advanced for the fireworks show with blankets and folding chairs from home. There were special booths setup at each pavilion with drinks that were specific to each country. My friends and I danced the night away and watched the fireworks. Each country got special fireworks to ring in the new year before the explosive show of the American new year! I was dead on my feet by the time I got home, and I slept a million years! Woke up at 6 PM the next day! I just went to see HUGO 3D with my friend Tanesha tonight, and it was beautiful. Everyone should go see it, HUGO is inspiring. Howard Shore provided a phenomenal score, and Scorsese's vision is superb. Paris looked beautiful in this adaptation of a book that I apparently need to read. I give it 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!

Other films I would like to rate:

New Years Eve - 2 and half stars
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - 4.5 stars
The Adventures of Tin Tin - 5 stars

Please give me your opinion on any of those films or anything you think I should see!

Currently watching: Being Human (U.S.) - which is nowhere near as good as the UK version so far
Currently Reading: Lost in Time a Blue Bloods novel by Melissa De La Cruz
Listening to: Lilly Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment