So this is my first blog post, and I'm really excited about it! I decided that since I am making a major trip to France next semester that I should chronicle my adventure for myself and my friends. This way I can keep everyone up to speed on what's going on and have something to look back on later!
So, I just got home from school last night after a nightmarish final. I'm so glad to be done with school at Loyola for a while. Oh for those of you newbies, I'm a Junior at Loyola University in Chicago. Sounds fun? It has its moments. The people are better than the curriculum, let me tell ya. Anyway, a ton of my friends helped me permanently move out of my dorm yesterday. It was so nice of them, I wanted to hug them forever. I'm really going to miss them. This isn't goodbye, its just a 'see ya later' type thing. Only, 'later' is 8 months from now. Wow, that's forever from now! As sad as it is to part from the people you love, I'm super excited about studying in France! Its going to be a blast! And hopefully I'll come back fluent and all Frenchified! -yup, new word, yay me! So, three weeks till departure. I've got tons of books to read, movies to watch, and people to see before I go.
I just watched this French film called Water Lillies. It was really interesting. I guess you could call it a coming-of-age love story. There were so many moments where I cringed and freaked out because of some of the characters' choices. Its basically about this girl Marie who falls in love with this synchronize swimmer named Florine. Everyone thinks Florine is a slut, but she opens up to Marie and admits that she's a virgin who just pretends to be slutty because it's expected of her. Weird right? Its gets worse. They become bff (but not so much forever) and Florine asks Marie to pop her cherry for her before she has sex with some guy because she doesn't want him to find out that she's never done it before. It was crazy!! Marie and her original best friend (known as the town fatty-sad) do some crazy things for the people they love. The story is a bit of a downer, and I didn't really get the ending. All the same, its worth watching at least once. The music was tight! Now I'm reading Ironside by Holly Black, the sequal to Tithe. Its pretty good so far. I still need to finish Breaking Dawn- my friend Lauren will kill me if I don't! I just can't bring myself to do it. It'll happen eventually. I'll let you know how they both go! Yay for my first blog post! Make comments please! I'd love to hear from you guys. Peace ;)
haha. yeah you better finish reading Breaking Dawn or I'm just going to flippin tell you what happens in the end! jk. I wouldn't do that. I can't believe you'll be gone for 8 months! It didn't really hit me until just now about how long that is. geez, man. You better have fun cuz if you don't than leaving me will have been a total waste. haha. I know you'll have the time of your life. I'm so excited for you. Don't forget to take tons of pics for us and write as much as you can! Before you go, we should watch Ma Mere--- you know we never really did see ALL of it. (jus playin' we don't have to watch it, it was twisted!)
ReplyDeleteAhhh. dear friend. I miss you already. Have fun :)
That's so cool that you're going to France. I'm going to be in Sweden next semester and Heather Moline is going to be in Spain. I'm trying to get excited for my trip but I'm starting to have reservations about being gone for so long. I'll give you a link to my blog, once I make one, if you want. Have fun and bon chance!
ReplyDeleteHannah Bowman (from way back in the day, remember?)
you find the craziest movies, seriously!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you and all of the adventures you'll be experencing. I can't believe you're going to be so far away for eight months. Wow, it's just sinking in. It makes me sad, although I'm happy for you at the same time. I love you and I am so proud of you, stay safe. I'll be with you all the way.
ReplyDeleteMissing you already,
Shawn (your godmother)