Saturday, February 14, 2009
Umm London.... LONDON and DUBLIN!!!!!
So let me tell you all about my week cause it was awesome! So I went to see this french movie called LOL (Laughing out Loud) and it was sooo good. I'm totally in love with it and I want to see it again. Here's a music video of the film which I watch over and over again everyday now!! Ok so on Tuesday we had conversation club, as usual, and we played Taboo in French. I don't know if many of you are familiar with that game (if you're in my family I know u are!), but its awesome and my team won!! I got ultra competitive and I got my team 7 points in one sitting at the end- I was totally rockin' the French. That night we had a terrible dinner at a chinese restaurant- what ever you do, stay away from French-Chinese restaurants. Stick to the French food. Its way better. But after dinner, my friend and I split a NUTELLA MILKSHAKE! For any of you who don't know what Nutella is, you need to get on that. It's like Europe's peanut butter. Its a chocolate hazelnut spread that you can put on almost anything- I wouldn't recommend putting it on meat though. Ok so The next night I met up with some French kids that I met at conversation club and had a blast. The two kids I met, Floriane, a guy, and Justine, a girl, know everybody!! We met up with like 20 French kids and just walked around town talking in French mostly. I felt like I was really improving so much just by being around them. We went to a bar and chatted for a while and bonded over Gossip Girl and Theatre. It was great. They said my French is good and they understand me perfectly which means I'm getting better yay! Flo, two other girls and I take the same tram home, so we decided to walk along the tracks for a while instead of standing around waiting 29 minutes for the next one to come. Flo ran into a friend who popped out of a bar by the tram, and a bunch of British boarding school kids spilled out of the bar after her. They were so cool and hilarious- since they were pretty drunk. They were saying things like "Oh My God I love America, I love Americans!! I love you!" We chatted for a while and exchanged fb info. It was great. I loved talking with the Brits, I'm totally in love with accents. haha Then Flo, Charlotte, Lauraline and I caught the tram home. I was literally dancing in the street- to RENT- on my way back I was so happy! What a night! And it gets better! I took an African dance class with my friends the other day! It was intense and I am so sore now but I love it. I wish they had classes like that at Loyola! The teacher was so cool and spiritual. He really got into it with the dancing, it was great! Way better than the hip hop class!. Thursday night, my host parents' 26th anniversary yay- our activities coordinator Samuel took us to a karaoke bar. There were about 15 to 20 of us there, we had the second floor to ourselves. The karaoke was free so we did a bunch of songs. You have to go downstairs with a microphone in front of a big big screen, in front of everybody and sing. For the most part we all just sang together: Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Don't Stop Believing, The Devil Went Down to Georgia... The guys sang the French version of My Way (Comme habitude) and it was hilarious-until it lasted around 5 minutes. My friend Megan left before our last song came up and no one else knew it or wanted to do it with me. Luckily the French love love love ABBA, so when I started to do Take A Chance on Me, all the French people in the bar joined me!!!! It was awesome!!! At random points in the night, two french guys grabbed me and started dancing with me. It was spontaneous and fun! I love that karaoke bar and I'm definitely going back sometime soon!! This girl who lives on my street and I ended up walking home because the trams stop running after 12:30 AM and we left around 1:30 oops haha. It was quite the experience. Now my plane leaves in a few hours. I'm going to London and Dublin for winter vacation starting today!! I can't wait! We are going to try to see a show and do a walking Jack the Ripper Tour, ride the London Eye, Buckingham Palace etc etc! I'll tell you all about it when I get back- if I get back- it'll be difficult to leave all of those amazing British accents! Oh funny story. So my host brother always says I speak American, not English, and he doesn't understand me very well. So yesterday I talked to him in a British accent, and he understood me perfectly! (when I spoke in english, not french) But isn't that funny! Ok loves well, I have plane to catch! Ciao!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Kimille,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds as if you had an awesome time. I'm happy to hear about it. Enjoy your trip! Can't wait to hear about it. I love you.